ISAG/IFAG 2023 Travel Bursaries
Application submission deadline has been extended to March 14
The society places a strong emphasis on supporting student and early career scientists through the provision of bursaries to promote participation in conferences. The total number of bursaries on offer is 40 to 50, depending on the applicant pool and the cost associated with travel to South Africa.
ISAG is offering three types of bursaries for the 2023 conference.
- Student bursaries: These are restricted to currently enrolled master’s or PhD students. The bursaries are intended to cover travel expenses plus 50% of the conference fee.
- Early career bursaries: These are restricted to active scientists who have received a master’s or PhD within the last five years (i.e., since June 2018). The bursaries are intended to cover travel expenses plus 50% of the conference fee.
- Developing country bursaries: These are open to both students and early career scientists currently enrolled or employed by an institution in an eligible developing country (check the list of eligible countries here). For the winners of the developing countries bursaries, ISAG will provide meeting registration, airline tickets, and the cost of hotel accommodations.
- Submit your abstract by the March 14, 2023, deadline. During submission, please check the radio button indicating your intention to submit an associated bursary application.
- Submit your bursary application via the separate link by March 14, 2023. This requires provision of recently dated documentation in English verifying your status as a student or as a recent graduate. Either a formal certification from your university or a letter from your supervisor on the letterhead of the institute will be accepted.
Submit Bursary Application
The bursaries are awarded to the individual and cannot be transferred to someone else. Previous recipients of a bursary are ineligible to receive a second bursary of the same type, but may apply for a different type of bursary (for example, recipients of a student bursary remain eligible for an early career bursary).
Bursaries will be awarded based on the scientific quality of abstracts. The review will be performed by an ad hoc committee nominated by the Executive Committee of ISAG. Bursary applicants will notified whether they won or not in early April 2023.
Good luck and we hope to see you in Cape Town!